- 60 ml Cooking oil
- 3 Red peppers, sliced
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 500 g pork, cubed
- 5 Chicken thighs, halved
- 1 L Boiling water
- 5 ml Saffron (optional)
- 4 Bay leaves
- 2 Blocks chicken stock
- 1 kg Kingklip fillets, cut into pieces
- 400 g Frozen prawns
- 500 g Mussels
- 500 g Calamari
- 500 g Crabsticks
- 500 g Uncooked rice
- 250 g Frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the pot. Slightly brown the peppers, onion, pork and chicken.
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to steam for 1 hour or until the meat is almost tender.
- Mix the saffron, bay leaves and chicken stock in the water and stand one side.
- Pack the seafood on top of the meat, then the rice and finally the peas. Flavour with salt and pepper.
- Pour the saffron water little by little as the rice cooks dry
- Allow the pot to simmer slowly until the rice and peas are done and the fluid is virtually cooked away.
- Pour the lemon juice over just before serving and stir well.
- A #3 pot is recommended, Serves 8